So about a month ago, I was reading a post (written by someone in the same province I’m in) and the writer mentioned that he had taken his kids bubble blowing. Reading it that night, I smacked myself in the head and said “why didn’t I think of that?” This has been in the back of my mind ever since.
Yesterday morning my boys awoke to find that the Easter Bunny had left them each 3L of bubble solution. Funny how that bunny always knows, eh? About a week ago, Grammy bought us a container of 26 different bubble wands too.
Today I packed some snacks, 2 bottles of water, some containers, a bottle of bubbles, and Grammy’s wands into a reusable bag and took it down to the school for dismissal time. The kids LOVED it! These kept a little over 30 primary to grade 2 students busy for more than 30 minutes. The only bad thing about this was that some of the other parents commented that this made me look like a better parent than them. 😀
We all had a blast and ended up using about half the bottle. Only 4.5L left to go….
After a couple days offline I came back to WordPress with a smile. Not only did I enjoy going through the 197 posts made by those I follow from the days I was away (which I haven’t totally caught up with yet), but Tracey at No Page Left Blank (http://nopageleftblank.wordpress.com/) has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! The rules for accepting this award are:
1. You must thank the person who gave you the award.
2. You must list ten facts about yourself.
3. You must tag other bloggers to nominate them for the award and let them know that you’ve nominated them.
And of course I thank you Tracey!
Now for the hard part, the ten facts. (And I have to admit, I may have stolen some ideas on this from Tracey)
1. I am a trekkie, but I hate the original series. My TV is turned on to Star Trek (The Next Generation and Voyager) for at least two hours every weekday. Space is the preferred channel (other than local channels) in my home. I didn’t realize this until I was explaining Worf’s family to my sister one day.
2. I don’t have a home computer hooked up to the internet. All my recreational internet activities are done through my smartphone.
3. I have worked in food service for 10 years, 9 of those in a position of authority.
4. I still color outside of the lines in coloring books. This is more a result of inattention than coordination difficulties. I don’t use standard colors when coloring either. What’s the point in green grass when it could be purple?
5. The only day of the year that I ever put on makeup is Halloween. I don’t see the point in painting my face unless it makes it dealthly white or gives me scarring, wounds and bloodstains (or both).
6. My favorite people to gift shop for are my boys. Anything I buy for them I get to play with too!
7. All the foods I dislike start with the same letter (a coworker pointed this out to me) — c. I don’t like carrots, cranberry anything, coconut, and I’m not crazy about chocolate or coffee. Though some of my favorite foods are cheese, crackers, cheesecake, cinnamon, chili and chicken.
8. I bought one piece of furniture in my living room new, a shelf/coat rack. Everything else was used and most of that was free. Same goes for my kitchen.
9. It feels wrong to me if I don’t buy at least one book a month. Sometimes I wait until a series has two or three books in print so that I am sure to be able to continue buying books I really want to read the next month.
10. Growing up, I always wanted to have four children. With my two boys and my niece and nephew, I now have four while I’ve only had to give birth to two. 🙂
As this award doesn’t state a specific number of people to nominate, I am going to nominate 10 random blogs that I follow and that I did not nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award. Anyone I find interesting enough to follow can be considered “Kreativ”!
The nominees are:
Happy blogging! Looking forward to reading each of your ten facts and more bubble days!
No matter how dark the day, the sun is always shining somewhere!