I don’t know what it is about Thursdays that gets to me. For some reason, Thursdays are different than any other day of the week. Maybe this is because Thursdays are Muffin Days, or maybe it’s because the week is more than half over, but for some reason, Thursdays are better.
This morning I woke with my usual “ugh”. As I pried my tired eyes open, I saw something I haven’t seen for DAYS. Sunlight was streaming in the window. My brain immediately threw me back to a song posted by Momma Margi a few weeks ago, which, of course I had to listen to.
As my pre-caffeinated brain began to groan into motion, I remembered two important things: today is the day of the week that I get to make muffins all day and last night I was nominated for another blogging award! For the fifth time since starting here in March!
My work day had a rough start, but it didn’t matter. I knew tonight I would be able to write this post, and that kept the positive thoughts flowing. As a result, I had a near perfect shift despite the rough start. Near perfect I’m happy with anyways, if it was absolutely perfect it would be terribly boring.
With a pre-planned quick supper (that the boys LOVED), my day continued on a positive track. Homework was done at lightning speed and, when I checked it, was done properly (though T still needs more practice on his cursive ‘d’s). The boys even had time to play (in the SUN!!!) before we had to go to soccer. Bedtime afterwards was smooth sailing too!
At this time, I feel I need to say a big “thank you” to Momma Margi and Doodle Dad for helping me start my day in such a great way. The two of you infused me with that positive energy first thing this morning and my great day can be (at least partially) attributed to you! *Hugs*
The rules of acceptance for this award are as follows:
•Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post. •Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
•Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
•Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
I’m going to do this in order as it’s getting late and I want to make sure I don’t forget anything. I’ve already completed the first part, so on to the seven things:
1) Even though I LOVE to read, I find it extremely boring to read true stories or even fiction novels that are NOT supernatural/magical. I only really enjoy books about vampyres, warewolves, witches, wendigo, heku or other non-human creatures.
2) From the comments I have received, it seems most people think I am always “sunny”. Trust me, I can get REALLY cranky.
3) I cry when I’m really mad. If I am crying I’m not sad, I’m totally pissed off. You’re better off walking the other way if you see tears in my eyes.
4) I can speak/understand French if it is being spoken slowly enough. Despite this, the boys teach me more every day.
5) I have never gotten a driver’s license. I currently don’t even have a government ID card.
6) I try to be early for EVERYTHING. If I am less than 10 minutes early for anything, in my mind, I am late.
7) If I won the lottery (that I never buy tickets for) tomorrow, I probably wouldn’t quit working. I would try for a shift change and go back to university. Even with school, I would go insane without working at a job.
Whew, that’s harder than it seems.
Now for the nominations. My Reader is STILL not working, so I can’t even see the list of blogs I follow, so I am going to nominate the 15 blogs that I follow that have most recently posted. I swear, I look forward to hearing from every one of you though. The nominees are:
The Burned Hand
Laughing at Everyday Life
My Best Accessories
Super Tuck’s Mama
Musings of a Stay-at-Home Mom
Misadventures of a Modern Mommy
Finding Our Way
Go check out each and every one of them. It’s worth it, I swear.
But….that took a WHOLE lot longer to do through the mobile app, so I must post this NOW to get it in by the end of the day. Go read the blogs I listed above….
No matter how dark the day, the sun is always shining somewhere!